As a man is, so he sees...~Wm. Blake

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Merry Christmas

I have several co-workers that go absolutely apeshit over Christmas in regards to shopping, cooking and entertaining.

One of them - who never goes to church - just told me she had a big fight with her husband about Christmas preparations (probably in front of the kid).

Apparently, she has to do all the Christmas "work" (shopping, packaging, sending, baking, decorating) while he sits around on the couch.

And she's mad at her mother too, for being "a pill" about the holiday arrangements.

She also told me that if her husband doesn't get her a gift that meets with her approval, she gets very upset about his lack of consideration (or something). I mean, WTF?

This is the "Christmas" that's being "threatened" by the rest of us? I'm just so glad I don't have to participate! It's my absolute favorite time of year to be Jewish! That's what I say when people tell me Merry Christmas: "I'm Jewish!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home